Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Hills Are Alive With The Sound of Music


The morning of new years eve a friend and I decided to go on a hike to the top of nearby mountain. 


To be honest, I'm really not much of a hiker. I mean, I like a good walk just as much as the next person. Pretty scenery and fresh air - what's not to love? But this almost exclusively uphill climb was a little out of my league. My friend, on the other hand, is a super athlete and former high school cross country runner. I definitely felt more than a little embarrassed asking for a rest break about halfway through when they could have clearly kept climbing on forever. Yet despite my obvious (and I mean OBVIOUS) hardship, we did eventually make it to the top of the mountain.


As cheesy as this sounds, and maybe it was a byproduct of it being new years eve and all, but making it to the top of that mountain was nothing short of exhilarating. During my time on this hike I had many negative thoughts and had even considered turning around, but I kept climbing. Making it back to our starting point after completing the full hike gave me that "if I can do this, I can do anything" feeling that only comes after accomplishing something that you've never done before, and didn't think you could do. More than ever I feel prepared and even excited to try new things, right in time for the new year!


As for my outfit, I knew I would need something comfortable that could withstand the hike. The obvious choice for me was my handy t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, and my plaid shirt for a little extra layering. Clearly not my most glamorous outfit, but it worked perfectly for the occasion. 














What I'm Wearing:
T-Shirt - Ross
Plaid Shirt - Target
Jeans - PacSun
Shoes - Payless

9 comments:

  1. I love hiking! You look like you're having a great day in the outdoors. :)

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics and that nature looks amazing. We have a snow.. Hm.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfull photos <3 I love your shirt!!
    Thank you for visiting my blog! Do you want to see my last post?
    Stradivarius black skirt & Zara blue bluse
    Come mixare la stampa animalier e la quadrettata

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outer coat so damn pretty (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspor.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel ya! Even as a year-round runner, hikes exhaust me! It's a whole different mentality and physicality. But XC runners for the win haha (: Your photos really epitomize the fun you had that day--love the pretty sunshine and that awesome jump shot. Your last pose is so funny too.

    On the fashion side, I also had the problem of sensibility vs. style on my last hike. But you totally balanced the two so well! Love the plaid top and those edgy sneakers.

    Man, what a way to start off the year! It's things in a metaphorical sense that really have an impact, don't they. I'm glad that conquering that mountain made you feel powerful and ready to tackle anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this view is amazing and the photos are really beautiful !
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha why are so you darn cute sapir?! i can't wait to hang out with you in a few hours :P

    ReplyDelete