Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Spend All My Money On Books

...textbooks that is.


Before I started college two years ago I thought that tuition would be the most pressing expense during my time in higher education. You can believe the shock I felt in my wallet after the first round of textbooks were bought. I tried to make myself feel better by telling myself that, though these books were expensive, I could always try selling the ones I no longer needed to make some of the money back. Seems like a logical conclusion, right? 
No.
Though I have been able to sell some of my old textbooks, for the most part it hasn't been too successful. Either a different professor teaches the course and requires a different textbook, new editions come out making my book irrelevant, or I just don't have the time to try and find people to buy the books. 

That's where CampusBookRentals comes in! 


Instead of buying an expensive textbook that I would have no use for after the course is over, I can now  rent the book for way cheaper than buying (sometimes up to 80%!) and I don't even have to pay for shipping because it's always free! Also, I can feel free to treat the book like my own and highlight away! It will still be completely returnable!
I know one thing I was curious about was how long you get to keep the book because, unlike most colleges, my school works on a quarter system instead of a semester, and also what happens if you aren't happy with it? But I guess they have already thought of that, because they have very flexible renting periods and 21 day risk-free returns!


Also, remember earlier when I said how frustrated I had gotten trying to find people to buy my old books? Well recently the people of CampusBookRentals launched their new initiative RentBack! Basically how it works is you send in your textbooks and they do all the work in finding people to rent them and every time your book gets rented, you get paid! Trust me, when you have a billion things to get done during the school year, having a program like this that can do that work for you is very appreciated! 
And as if all this wasn't enough, CampusBookRentals donates a portion of it's proceeds on each textbook rented to Operation Smile! How awesome is that?

I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait to try them out this fall!


5 comments:

  1. so true! even the used ones are expensive!
    xo
    come say hello-
    www.stylemailbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like books. Great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish there were such thing like campus book rentals in my town. but i had to survive from library and buy the books when i was in college.
    this book rental is so helpful for students

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone should spend all their money on books, though, seriously! Haha! You are so adorable love <3

    http://thegypsysoul.ph/

    ReplyDelete